Help Create Her Perfect Dorm Room with Your Perfect Dorm, a QC Based, Woman Owned Biz (copy)
May 2, 2018 | By: Original Article Posted by Scoop Team - April 28, 2018
She knows where she’s going (at least to college this fall) and maybe even know who she’s rooming with. Whew, right? #theDRAMA. Not so fast though. Critical stress is yet to come. We all know the most important decisions of June in the mind of a college-bound girl, and they’re not (yet) what to wear to recruitment or the fall course selection.
It's the Dorm Decor.
This is her first “home of her own” and she wants the look to be perfect. You want her to feel happy, comfortable and cozy, able to study but also able to kick back and enjoy the fun. Cue the pinterest boards. And, occasionally, more drama. But it doesn’t have to be. Your Perfect Dorm is a one-stop shop for daughters (and parents) to create a room of their dreams with all the comforts of home. All of the collections are one of a kind and organized with coordinating and varying fabrics, in gorgeous neutrals and rich colors to give you both a stress-free way to decorate her new space. The work is done for you, and there are many bedding and accessory collections to choose from. And of course, since this is scoop, we’ve got a special discount code for you so you can save 15% on your purchase. Scroll down
Some fun Dorm Room themes you’ll find on Your Perfect Dorm
Neutrals are always timeless and soft to the eye
Boho with lots of texture and pattern
Classic Collegiate Style with a Twist
Neutrals like these will go from freshman dorm to senior apartment easily
Metallics and pops of color ~ always great to mix in on a white duvet or comforter
Three ways You All Can Work With Your Perfect Dorm
1. If you don’t have the time or desire, they make it super simple as you can choose one of their coordinated bedding collections…choose from NEUTRAL or COLORFUL(although, the YPD colorways are soft & sophisticated, so check them out even if color is not your/her thing).
2. Your Perfect Dorm is happy to create a new collection for you from your favorite colors. Find inspiration from a rug, wall art or pillow that you love. This creates and funstarting point to build around. Buy a la carte.
3. Buy as little or as much as you like.
Trends in Dorm Decor Right Now
Popular colors: shades of violet, navy, emerald green, blush, greys, florals, pops of metallic and neutrals Texture trends this year: velvets, faux fur, soft fuzzy shag, linens and tweeds. Accessories:
* Soft rugs warm up the space and make for comfortable lounging on the floor. (My Perfect Dorm recommends you go with the 8’ x 10’ to cover as much room space as possible) Here’s their selection of rugs.
* Blackout curtains are always key to help with good sleep. 5 go with anything neutrals here.
* Storage ottomans provide extra seating, extra storage and can be a step up on to a lofted bed. 6 Options here.
* Personalization, wall art and headboards attached with command strips.
Want to view in person? Jody’s next Your Perfect Dorm Open House is June 14 – 16, 2018
Address: at 7006 Erin Court Charlotte 28210
Hours: 10am to 7pm
Can’t Make The Open House?: No worries. YPD and Jody can meet with you by appointment any time. Just call 704.840.6332 or email.
Out of State?: No worries again. YPD and Jody work great over email with out of state customers – they can send design boards showing several different options put together.
Jody Dyke, Owner & Creator of Your Perfect Dorm
About Jody and Why She Started Your Perfect Dorm
Creating a happy dorm room for your daughter is what I do!
I began Your Perfect Dorm after my husband and I moved our two girls into their dorm rooms. This is such an exciting time but can also be a stressful time. We wanted to make sure our girls had a special place to come back to each day that gave them the comfort of their bedroom at home in their dorm room.
I’m so excited to help your daughter and her roommate decorate their new dorm room! Originally from Texas, my degree in Consumer Science and Retail Merchandising from University of Houston along with my background in high-end furniture and accessory sales led me to this business. After raising my own daughters you can now find me in my showroom in Charlotte, NC with my dogs Molly and McCoy where I design all the collections for Your Perfect Dorm. Please email me at: email@example.com and stop by to see my collection of beautiful dorm spaces. I make it fun and easy for you!
My goal is to make this big adjustment in the life of your student a little bit easier. When you drive away from dropping her off, I want you to feel comfortable because with Your Perfect Dorm, your daughter is going to settle into HAPPY in her new “home away from home”!
Follow YourPerfectDorm on Instagram and Facebook @yourperfectdorm
#SPONSORED. ARTICLES ON SCOOP ARE SPONSORED BY THE BUSINESSES MENTIONED.